Monday, October 19, 2009

Solving Problems

Part of my morning routine is doing the NYT crossword puzzle before I go to work. I look forward to sitting down with a cup of coffee and the paper. Not only do I enjoy it, I feel that it clears away the cobwebs and helps me think "outside the box" when coming up with solutions. I love it when I can come up with a great idea that really works and seems so natural that everyone is convinced it had to be simple - just like that crossword puzzle when it is completed.

My day is never complete without at least one problem - like how to make that small NYC apartment really work without putting too much furniture in it. I found my answer in a great multifunctional table with pull-out extentions that can be used with sofa height seating for dining or working on, or can be dropped to cocktail height.





I actually have this table at home - on my back porch. It's called a luncheon table and is by Starbay, a french company with a fabulous design concept - recalling the Grand Voyages of the early 19th century with a contemporary flair. It is perfect for this apartment. It even has a drawer on each side to keep your things in, as well as a display box in the middle of the table for interesting objects. It makes for comfortable dining and working without adding dining height chairs to a small space.



You might enjoy looking at their catalogue at http://www.starbay.net/. Most of their pieces have a surprise element - like a hidden drawer, or a secret hiding place. Call me at (631) 928-7913 if you want to know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment